If you read the blog yesterday then you know our fearless author, Wendi Kaufman, is successfully battling endometrial cancer. Round two of chemo began yesterday and all of us here at Helen want to do our part to show our support. And we're not alone...because Wendi is the wonderful person she is, friends from all over have banded together to support her through this time.
And now you can too!
Here's some information from "Friends of Wendi's" (who are, well, friends of Wendi's) on how to lend your support:
Friends of Wendi's have two teams who will be participating in the Relay for Life at South Lakes HS (Reston, VA) on May 14 and 15 (1:00PM Saturday to 8:00AM Sunday - sleep over optional). The teams, Wendi's Warriors and Knock Out Cancer, will be supporting Wendi and the American Cancer Society by being part of this great event.
You can get involved in many ways by:
- If you are in the area, join one of our teams.
- Fundraise for ACS.
- Make a donation to one of our teams online (www.restonrelay.org) or by cash or check.
- Attend the event for any amount of time (walk/run or just come and hang out - there will be lots of fun).
- Donate crafts, baked goods or items to sell/raffle the day of the event.
- Purchase a Luminaria in honor or memory of a loved one.
Please join us as we continue to support the Kaufmans on this journey. For more information about the event click here.